HCC will hold two Graduation Ceremonies on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at NRG Stadium in Houston. The morning ceremony is scheduled for 9 a.m. and our afternoon ceremony is scheduled for 1 p.m.. Select your preferred ceremony time, participation for each ceremony will be on a first-come - first-served basis.
Plan to attend a MANDATORY REHEARSAL at 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. Friday, May 12, 2017 at NRG Stadium. Select your preferred rehearsal time [when registering online] , participation for each rehearsal will be on a first-come – first-served basis. There will be no charge for parking at rehearsal. Students should arrive at confirmed rehearsal time to pick-up your pre[-]printed registration card, honor cords and other items available at the bookstore table.
Honor Cords are awarded to Associate Degree Recipients [meeting all criteria] based on the following GPA (through Fall 2016):
- Honors 3.35 – 3.59
- High Honors 3.60 – 3.79,
- Highest Honors 3.80 – 4.00.
Honor cords may be picked up at all HCC bookstores prior to graduation.
- The academic cap should be worn straight, and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Dress of lightweight fabric, stockings, and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands. A copy of the program will be placed on each graduates chair.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
Step 1: Meet with an Advisor
Schedule an appointment with the advisor listed in your student center, or stop by any campus to visit with an advisor on a first-come-first-served basis.
|Advising Hours & Contact Information|
Step 2: Apply Online by April 15
Apply for graduation directly through your student center
Step 3: Register for Commencement & Purchase Regalia
Note: If you do not know your email address on file with Houston Community College , please click here and enter your student ID number with the "W" in front (example W123456789).
Visit any HCC Bookstore to purchase your regalia.
The online ordering site is also available for you use, and includes all the information you need for ordering your cap and gown as well your graduation announcements. All orders placed at this site will ship directly to your home. All HCC Bookstores should have graduation regalia in stock by March 1st if you would prefer to shop in store. Regalia cost $44.98 plus tax, financial aid dollars can be used to purchase regalia.
Information for Faculty & Staff
Faculty Graduation Registration
Faculty Regalia - Order Deadline Extended until April 23, 2017
Faculty regalia orders, with the exception of those faculty that need just a cap, gown or hood; will be handled through this ordering website.
All orders must be placed by midnight on April 23 to avoid any late fees. The site is set up to accept the faculty payment of $20, plus tax for their regalia order and the order will ship directly to the faculty, either at their home address or whatever shipping address they provide.
The order will come with a return label so the faculty can place their regalia back in the box and ship to the vendor.
The bookstore will not be collecting regalia at the graduation ceremony for shipment back to the vendor, but will be on hand to exchange any regalia that does not fit or work. We will also be on hand to assist with any robe related questions or questions about the return process.
For those faculty who have questions, need assistance with ordering on the site or who need to order a piece of the regalia, please contact Bill at SM515@bncollege.com.